Web-Log.png
  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
 

Where to sleep in Machu Picchu Pueblo

The one and only Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel

Tucked away in it’s own private jungle reserve close to one of 7 World Wonders (Machu Picchu Citadel). Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo is an oasis of unique beauty and peace. An intimate Andean village made of 83 whitewashes casitas, strewn between 12 acres of lush jungle and joined by stone paths, waterfalls and terraces. Part of National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World and awarded as number 6 top Resorts in South America in CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER – READERS’ CHOICE AWARDS 2017, Inkaterra Machu Picchu is an experience within an experience.

Where the world feels alive

The interiors are designed to make you feel part of the surroundings, thanks to wide windows opening onto vibrant greens and sky lit showers. The superior accommodations come with their own fireplace, for extra cosy winter stays.
 

Bookshelves, comfortable couches and fireplaces make the common areas the perfect place to relax, read a book or have a drink. Every detail recalls Peruvian history and tradition, showcasing beautiful textiles, pottery and sculptures.
 

When we visited the weather was moody, which gave us a reason to spend some very enjoyable hours by the fireplace, just soaking in the moment.

Inkaterra Machu Picchu is not your standard hotel property, but rather a private conservation area. Of the 12 acres, only 30% is used for hotel purposes while the remaining 70% is reserved for growing, protecting and maintaining the natural flora and fauna of Machu Picchu.
 

Within the property there are plenty of activities to do: birds watching (214 registered species); nature walks, organic tea plantation, twilight walks, visits to the native farm and to the world’s largest native orchid collection (372 species). Several native orchid species have been discovered within the property and are protected and cultivated by the resident botanists. Afternoon and evenings can be spent lounging by the pool or enjoying the two hot tubs, immersed in the jungle, with a view of the mountains peaks.

What sets Inkaterra apart and one of the key reason for our visit is the relentless commitment to conservation and eco-tourism. Established in 1975, Inkaterra has spent the last four decades promoting a type of tourism that works with nature and not against it. Supports local cultures, while creating unforgettable experiences. Thanks to its work it has received much recognition and it has been included in diverse alliances, such as Relais & Châteaux, Virtuoso and National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World.
 

The work of Inkaterra spans across different areas. Since 1978 it promotes scientific research on fauna and flora across all the properties. Through its NGO Inkaterra Asociación, it manages initiatives on biodiversity such as the Spectacled Bear Rescue Center at Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel, in benefit of the only bear species native to South America. Support to local communities is achieved by training and career opportunities.

 

Inkaterra Machu Picchu is really more than just a hotel, it’s a jungle paradise where nature is looked after and tourism is practised between boundaries of respect and preservation. If you ask us, this is the only type of tourism there should be!

  • Black Twitter Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon

©2019 by Travel Leap